'Oh, so that's who Richard Morris is..." Lord Hattersley on The Daily Politics

'An influential activist' - The Guardian

'Iain Dale, without the self loathing' - Matthew Fox in The New Statesman

'
You are a tinker...' - Tim Farron

Sunday 16 September 2012

Muscular Liberalism: Day 2

After  my piece on muscular liberalism yesterday, I discovered that Nick had continued the theme later in the day in Nottingham, calling our coalition partners views on Europe 'infantile', and saying ...

"My own view is that if I was Prime Minister I'm sure we would be much more committed and positive and try to help them along. The Conservatives have got this total bee in their bonnet about Europe and I'm constantly trying to rein them in from doing what they want to do which is going around crowing, saying 'Ner-ner-ner-ner-ner, we're not in the eurozone', which is their sort of reflex – which is a totally infantile reflex."

There's a full report here.


I must say, I'm loving this new language!!


You can see how someone in HQ got a little carried away and slipped 'bigot' into a speech draft...


2 comments:

  1. I don't see this as particularly new for Nick - he's always had a very good, open, informal style at these things and says what he means. What's new is that he's being allowed to be himself. This can only be a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, exactly. It's like he's been let off the leash

    ReplyDelete