Thursday, 5 May 2011
The Mid Week Collection
My 5 best reads of the Week. Warning. Some of it might make you choke on your coffee.
1. Snowdonia: A head for heights
Technically about a Welsh Mountain. In reality, a hymn to wonderful British eccentricity which explains why we all love an excuse to get the bunting out. I loved this.
2. All change. Britain is on the verge of constitutional upheaval
There's a lot more at stake at the moment than just 'Yes to AV'.
3. If you get the X-Factor, you can get AV
Not quite as good as Jo Swinson's Mars Bar analogy, but still works for me....
4. The Lib Dem problem with women.
5. AV: a crucial 'baby step' if we are to break Britain's electoral reform taboo
The best opening paragraph of anything I've read for ages. The rest is pretty good too.
Posted by Richard Morris at 08:50